Sunday, October 21, 2007

of the greatest (week THREE)


Welcome to week 3 of Remixed & Revised! Highlights for tonight's show will include:

(1) Prince covers! Prince is one of my favorite pop artists and thankfully all the covers I find of his stuff are consistently awesome. This week "When You Were Mine" will be played by Prince, Casiotone for the Painfully Alone. and Tegan & Sarah, all of which are available if you do a simple search for "When You Were Mine" over at The Hype Machine (a great music source bee tee dubs).

(2) Grizzly Bear! Just released their Friend EP with covers of "Knife" (the best song evvs) done by CSS (which I'll play), as well as Band of Horses and Atlas Sound. There's also a new version of "Alligator" that features The Dirty Projectors as well as Beirut! If that's not enough to make you feel like someone just dumped a load of confetti on you, I don't know what is.

(3) No Man's Woman is a compilation of songs originally done by women, covered by, well, men. It's a feminist thing, you see. The CD was just released 2 days ago, and I'll be playing a cover of Sinead O'Conor Prince's "Nothing Compares 2 U" done by Dan Kelly

(4) Beatles Regrooved is a pretty solid Beatles cover album. I know, how many more covers of the Beatles could there be? Answer: more. I normally wouldn't go for something so predictable, but these electronic covers are pretty rad.

(5) Norman Palm just released his "Boys and Girls" EP with covers of "Boys Don't Cry" and "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun". Pretty sweet if you ask me. Myspace here.

(6) Fiona Apple. I love her cover of "Across the Universe" from the Pleasantville soundtrack. I saw the movie again a few days back and remembered how great her version is. Plus, next year the movie (and cover) will be 10yrs old, which means it's cool again.

No comments: