Monday, November 5, 2007

Remixes and covers (week FOUR) recap


1. Kanye West did his own version of Peter Bjorn & John's "Young Folks". I totally fell in love with it and it is now my favorite rework of the (much remixed, covered, reworked) song. Find your own copy here.

2. I got kind of obsessed with the song "Nothing Compares 2 U" which was made famous by Sinead O'Connor in the 90s. Turns out the original is by (just guess......) Prince! I also found an incredible version by Dan Kelly. The song makes me stretch my vocal capabilities to an unfortunate and antisocial extent. I suggest you discover the Dan Kelly version and re-discover the O'Connor versj.

>> Pick up the Dan Kelly version and notice how it's labeled as a Sinead O'Connor cover. Now feel smart for knowing better :)
>> Download the original by Prince - [via z-share]
>> Watch the amazing and tear-jerking video of Sinead O'Connor's version.

3. I rediscovered my love for Flosstradamus' incredible mashups. "Overnight Star" is simply amazing and everything else he does isn't too far behind. Pick up a couple of tracks here.

4. Music discovery in the key of "oh, that's a cover?": Blondie's "Hangin' On the Telephone" is, in fact, a cover of the same song by The Nerves. As an anticlimax, Blondie still does it better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i loveee your blog soo much!

btw. Can you visit to my new fashion blog?
http://bethanoviagloria.blogspot.com
and follow if you love my blog

Love,
Gloriaa